Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Rest of the Story


So, my last post was on how big Jennah is getting and how she lost her first tooth. Well I guess that two dollars left under her pillow was a little addictive for little Jennah. I must stress when telling this story that she was NOT under our supervision when she came up with this brilliant idea.


Jonathan and I had our last Spanish class last night and my parents so graciously offered at the last minute to keep the kids for us. It had been a very hectic weekend and a busy Monday as well and we had forgotten all about getting a sitter for the kids during our class. My parents had Joel they were bringing home and decided they could keep the kids so I could go to Spanish class with Jonathan. I decided Jonathan needed the practice much worse than I did. He was still throwing in a little french with his Spanish. We called it "Franish". Turns out that night we found out Jonathan wasn't the only one speaking "Franish" as Lita in her final conversation with the instructor threw in a little "Franish" as well. Anyway that's beside the point. So, I called home to let them know we were on our way and my mom told me Jennah had a little problem. She went on to tell me she and Jack went to get some dinner and Papa, Jennah, and Joel stayed there. While she was gone Jennah decided she wanted to pull another tooth. Even though there were no loose teeth in her mouth. Sneaky Jennah took some dental floss up to her bathroom tied it around her tooth and then tied it to the bathroom door and slammed the door. The next thing my dad knew she was coming down the stairs just bawling. First of all the slamming door didn't remove the tooth but it did make her tooth hurt and now the dental floss was wedged into her gums and she couldn't get it out. My mom quickly returned to help my father remove the floss with no success. So for an hour Jennah sat in the living room with a foot of floss hanging out of her mouth and whining. When we finally returned I was able to remove the floss in about five minutes. She was so glad to get that floss out of her mouth and I don't think she will attempt this again loose tooth or not!


Don't let that sweet face fool you, she is my mess. This doesn't surprise me at all. She is always coming up with something. I am sure she even waited until Jack was gone to do this because she knew Jack would tattle on her. She always has us laughing and it's never boring with her around. Fun times!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Jennah, my goodness. The girl has no fear...that can't be good : )

sheridan said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny...I'm dying laughing. I loved the part about her sitting on the floor with the floss in her mouth. She is one brave soul I HATED pulling my teeth and waited until they were literally hanging there-YUCK!

Anonymous said...

Surely that wasn't the sweet little Jennah I know and love. Ha!She might look like me but I am a big chicken. I was like Jacksen when it came to pulling teeth.

Love,
Grandma Janet