Saturday, February 20, 2010

Miss Louise



This is an old picture from fall, but I can't put a story on here without sharing a picture. Aren't all the colors pretty in the trees behind the kids! I know the kids will love goofy pictures of themselves like this one some day. This is a typical fall Saturday afternoon at our house we rake and rake for hours then spend about ten minutes jumping in the leaves before cleaning it all up.

Here's the story I want to share today...I am now 22 weeks along and the kids are now able to feel the baby kick. They think it is so cool and really enjoy getting to feel their baby sister kicking them. It has become an evening routine for them to feel her kicking right before they all head off to bed. One day this week while they were feeling her kick, I told them that she is now old enough to hear us talk. They all wanted to start talking to my stomach so the baby would recognize their voices when she comes out. Then Jennah said all of a sudden, "mom you need to start calling me Miss Louise". (This is her middle name and when she forces Joel to play school with her this is what she makes him call her.) She went on to tell me that Miss Louise is what she wants her baby sister to call her when she gets here. Typical Jennah story that just cracks me up and I wanted to share. I hope this baby girl is going to be laid back, because she's going to need to be with all the stuff she's going to have to put up with from her big sister Jennah.

2 comments:

Shelly Collins said...

Jessica, I'm planning on the shower as of now! What about the kiddos? Are they invited or should I come without?

Julie said...

I love that story and so did mom. She said Grandma Louise would have gotten the biggest kick out of that story. I can just picture her laughing about it :)