Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Catching Up...




Little Jillie Bean turned one year old May 21st! It was a beautiful day filled with celebrating with so many family members how far she's come this year. It was a bitter sweet day for me because it brought back so many memories of what all we went through with her one short year ago. Also, the fact that she is our last baby to turn one. No more first birthday parties at the Hendricks house. My sweet husband knew how hard the day was going to be on me and bought me a dozen roses to cheer me up. It was the perfect gift that reminded me when all the kids grow up and I have no more babies at home I will still have him. We were able to have her party at our new house even though we were still camping out there. Some of the things I don't want to forget that Jillian does right now: are how she talks all the time and really carries on a conversation with you pointing and nodding included. I also love how she tries to put on every article of clothing she comes across. We have many little names for her including Jillie Bean, Tater Tot, Little Princess (we don't dare call her Princess, that's Jennah's name and she corrects us every time we call her Princess), Bean, Baby Girl. She isn't sleeping through the night yet with exception of maybe a few nights. She loves her big brothers and sister and thinks she is just as big as they are. She dances all the time and loves music. She isn't walking yet, but just this week she has stood up twice by herself. I'm thinking it won't be long. She loves books and her new favorite thing is a baby doll she got for her birthday. She carries it around under her arm and tries to crawl, pats it, rocks it, and gives it tons of kisses. It's the cutest thing! She is the best eater I've had. She will eat just about anything I put in front of her. Some of her favorites right now include avocados, cucumbers, taco meat, roast beef, and all veggies. She is up to 18lb 3oz. I love to see what a big girl she's becoming and can't wait to see what the next year brings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable!
Ila

mamallday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mamallday said...

that made me cry!