Thursday, April 03, 2008

April Fools

Jonathan had his annual employee appreciation banquet Tuesday, April 1st. He has never been lucky in his life except for his work events. Two years ago at the Christmas party he won $250, the grand prize. This past Christmas he won a $50 gift card. These winnings are very rare for us, we aren't usually lucky people. So when this dinner rolled around we knew he had to be there because he had been so lucky in the past at work parties. Spouses were not invited so I didn't get to go with him. He told me they would be done by 9:00. So 9:15 rolled around and Jonathan hadn't called. I knew if he had won something he would have called right at 9:00. Finally at 9:20 he called and asked if he could drive my car the next day. Automatically I thought something was wrong with his car. I said "oh no what's wrong". He said, "I don't think the 42" flat hdtv will fit in the back of my car!" What! I couldn't believe it. I asked if he was serious. He then said "April Fools". I told him that wasn't nice and continued our conversation for a while and he said "no, April Fools to that April Fools" by this point I don't know what to believe. He came home with no proof of the win but still swore he had won it. I needed proof. Wednesday morning he brought it home! I can't wait to see it in our remodeled living room. Now all we need is new furniture to go with the new tv and new living room!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

How exciting is that! I told Mom that you all should really pass it on to me, since I almost died and all;)

Anonymous said...

That is so great - you guys will love, love, love it! Congrats!
Love you, Papa and Grandma
P.S. We enjoyed Joel Tuesday!

Unknown said...

And I though I was lucky winning the Sesame Street Live tickets. Hmmm, somehow it doesn't seem so exciting now.