Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Outlook

My family suffered another blow this past week. My second cousin Karla suffered a stroke and passed away at the young age of 35. She was a diabetic who had a kidney and pancreas transplant about five years ago and was doing well. This came as a shock to her sweet family. They need prayers. She leaves behind a three year old named Raya. She was a wonderful Christian woman who will be greatly missed.


Karla's death was an eye opener for me. It made me realize how precious life is and how much I need to enjoy every minute I have until the Lord returns. This has been on my mind lately even before the sad news about Karla. A friend of mine invited me to start going to a women's Bible study (thanks Lita) and they were studying Matthew where it talks about the Lord's return and how we need to be prepared for that. Most of the time when I am reading that the only thing that sticks out to me is that we won't know the exact day or time of His return. Some of the notes that I have just keep running through my head. That we are to be working, watching, and eagerly expecting our Lord to return. That has been on my mind the past couple of weeks. Sometimes I feel like I am just tired and in a rut and just rushing through life. Now I feel as if I need to slow down and take pride in all I am doing here on earth. I think it makes it much easier to work when I have my sight set on things above. Even if it is just my daily routine. I have tried this the past week or so to think of things this way and I think everything seems a little sweeter. Just getting my kids up and ready for school in the mornings seems like a gift.


On the long car ride home from Houston this weekend Jonathan and I were listening to a Josh Groban song Thankful it really summed up the way I have been feeling so here it is. I hope I can get it to play. I don't usually like to put things this personal on here but just really felt like I needed to share.

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful blog.

Shelly Collins said...

I'm glad you did, it makes me feel closer to you. We should all be more open about our faith, thanks for sharing. You're right, each day is a gift!
Looking forward to Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I love the song but it is not good to read your blog as you listen to the song. I have a cold and crying is not acceptable! Thanks for sharing your faith. I have been feeling the same way. I just rush through life doing what I am suppose to do or have to do instead of savoring everything I do.

Janet

Brandie said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys! Your babies are getting so grown up. brittney