Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to School

Today started Jack and Jennah's 3rd and 1st grade years. Jennah was very excited, but Jack not so much. This is always a hard time for me. I have trouble letting them go. Jack made it harder on me by deciding at the last minute he wanted to ride the bus to school today! I wasn't prepared for that and really didn't want him to but Jonathan said he thought it would be good for his self esteem. Jennah has no trouble in area of self confidence, but Jack on the other hand is a little like his mom and dad. So reluctantly I agreed to let him ride the bus. I did okay until the bus drove off. No tears just a teary eyes and the realization that he is really growing up so fast and the responsibilities of the kids getting older runs through my mind and heart. All the things we need to be teaching them as they are getting older and how to be Christians set apart from the world but still living in it and how to deal with that daily. How to influence others with the kindness they show. I pray for these beautiful gifts God has given us and I pray He gives us the wisdom and knowledge to raise them to be soul winners for His kingdom. Having babies is such a special time in life and I never thought there could be anything sweeter than holding a newborn baby, but this feels just as sweet. I am able to send my children out into the world and know that they will be just fine because I have taught them what they need to know to be successful. We still have a long way to go, I know. I am sure these next ten to fifteen years will be hard at times but the things they will accomplish and learn will be so sweet. I'm excited for this new chapter in their lives and what new things they will learn and new friends they will make. So here we go!


2 comments:

Shelly Collins said...

What a reflective day for you! You are a good momma!

Jeny said...

You are so sweet! I am crying now! I am sending Mitchell to school for the first time tomorrow! I am glad to know that the baby sweetness is replaced by a more mature confidence in them! Thanks!