Monday, November 10, 2008

Nothing Big

We had a great Halloween this year. The past few years we have done the week long celebration and it was a little crazy. This year we decided to only do one night of craziness, until I got a random call from someone I have never met before. She told me her name and said she was a friend of one of my friends from Ft. Gibson. She had called in to channel 6 and won four passes to Discovery Land's Cute and Spooky Carnival. She didn't have children or grandchildren and called my friend Janet to see if she knew anyone that could use them. Janet thought of us and told her to call me. The only thing was she called at 4:30 and the tickets had to be picked up by 5:30 and they were only good that night. I called Jonathan and to my surprise he was willing to go. He usually doesn't go for spur of the moment things like this. Anyway we all had a great time and it was a great alternative the the traditional trick or treating.

Last week Jennah and Joel had their first sickness of the season. They started off with an allergy cough and both developed a sinus infection and Joel also got a double ear infection from that. Joel ears didn't clear up with the medicine the doctor prescribed and we started a new one on Friday. Hopefully this one will clear them up or it will be back to the chiropractor for him.

Jack is really enjoying chess club and I think Jonathan is enjoying it just as much. He will also start basketball in a few weeks. Jennah has auditions for our churches Christmas musical Wednesday night. I'm very excited for her and she is too. Joel also gets in on the singing. I'm crossing my fingers that he gets his daddy's singing voice like Jennah did.

The kids and Jonathan played in the leaves this week. I've never seen kids enjoy a pile of leaves like my three. They would come home from school have a quick snack and head straight out until dark playing in the leaves. Jonathan's grass has finally sprouted and he is very proud of his bright green grass. I never knew he had such an obsession with grass.

We are all doing well and are excited about the change of season and the holidays to come. Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny how children can turn something that (to me) was a huge headache, into something marvelous. Glad you're enjoying the leaves (and grass, Jonathan).