Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where to Start


It has been so long since I last posted that I have to think about what I have missed blogging about over the past two months. I do know I never posted about our ten year anniversary so I'll start there. On January 2nd Jonathan and I celebrated ten years of marriage together. That means we've actually been together for twelve and a half years! Crazy! I have always teased Jonathan about ten years being the big one and that I should get a huge diamond ring or a trip to Hawaii for making this long. Well I didn't get that huge ring or the trip to Hawaii, but what I did get I treasure and it means more to me than the other material gifts I wanted. I am always asking Jonathan what he's thinking and most of the time he replies nothing then we go through the old Seinfeld scene with Elaine where she argues with her boyfriend about him not thinking anything. You have to be thinking something, I always say to him. Anyway, for our anniversary Jonathan made me a book of our journey over the last twelve and a half years in his words and his favorite pictures and memories. I don't know why but for some reason just like when I ask him what he's thinking and he actually replies by telling me what's on his mind it meant so much to hear him tell our story. It was the best gift he could have gotten me and it brought back all those butterflies that I had when we were first dating. One of the best parts is how hard he worked to get it put together. He couldn't get our scanner to work then the computer crashed the last week he had to work on it before it needed to be delivered for the big day. Isn't he the best!

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

You guys are the ceeeutest.