Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Weekend


This weekend was one of the busiest weekends we've had in quite some time. I had signed up to fix a meal for Celebrate Recovery at our church with my cousin Jenny Friday night, we had a wedding to attend in OKC. Saturday night, our involvement minister at church signed our Bible class up to prepare and serve a meal for Contact Church for 125 people, oh and a birthday party Sunday afternoon at 2:30(normally we would have just skipped a party but this was a special one)! I knew not many in our class had the time or the experience of cooking for such a large group so I decided to head it up. I feel like God has blessed us with so many church experiences in the past and cooking for a large group of people is one of them. I really enjoy the excitement and hospitality involved in it and I think it is something not everyone can do. This weekend was exceptionally hard because I usually really depend on Jonathan for a lot of help when we are involved in so much like this. I knew with how busy and stressed he has been at work I couldn't depend on him much at all. He even had to work all day Saturday! So, organized I had to become. I had a schedule of events down to five minute increments for the weekend. I had every detail taken care of. I felt like my sil Jenny:) Everything went so well and we had no surprises. We really enjoyed the wedding thanks to cousin Annie and Chris who kept Jennah and Joel for us while we attended, and also Aunt Amy and Uncle John for keeping the kids Sunday morning for us while we prepared the meal for Contact. We have such a great family!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing gift you have! God will use you in a powerful way. Oh, and do you ever take a "bad" picture? You always look so gorgeous.

Jenny said...

Bravo, Bravo! I'm so impressed at the FIVE MINUTE INCREMENTS that I had tears coming down my face;) Such a proud moment-ha! I'm glad to hear you survived the weekend and you are right not everyone has the gift. I would have DIED if I had been put in charge of preparing a meal for that many people. They would have had hotdogs and chips;)

sheridan said...

jessica you did an awesome job with the meal! i'm so thankful for you! thank you for being so kind and willing to serve when needed! have a great RESTFUL spring break.

Shelly Collins said...

5 minute increments? Really? Truly Amazing. I agree with Lita...you look even prettier in person!

jessica said...

Ahh...you guys are so sweet!