Friday, January 21, 2011

100th Day of School...Almost


Have I mentioned before how much harder it is with four kids? I just can't keep everything straight. Between basketball practices, games, homework, school projects, birthdays, church, Jonathan's community events, laundry, getting the house ready to sell, laundry and more laundry, I get somethings confused. Joel's 100th Day of School celebration was one that I failed on. We spent several hours Tuesday evening trying to decide what he wanted to make as a project for the 100th day. He decided a shirt with 100 spiders might be fun. So after hours of painting and counting we finally had it finished along with the 100 M&M's he would also take with him. When he got home from school I asked if everyone loved his shirt and he frowned really big and told me, "No, some boys said it only had 95 spiders instead of 100 because it was only the 95th day of school not 100" I went searching for his note the teacher had sent home the week before to make sure I had the right day and it turns out those mean boys were right! The 100th day wasn't until NEXT Wednesday not this Wednesday. Oh well, we'll try again next week!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

do you see just a little why I homeschool? I am WAY intimidated by trying to keep up with all the school notes and activities :) My child wouldn't even HAVE a shirt on the 95th day, let alone the 100th! Hats off to you on the spider shirt, cute! I want to know the boys name who hurt Joel's feelings. I am going to track them down and it will never happen again to sweet Joel :)

Anonymous said...

I love Joel's shirt!
Nana Ila