Thursday, September 21, 2006

Homemade Apple Pie!


We did it! We made the apple pie and it was delicious. Jacksen and Jennah had a great time making it. I put Joel down for a nap and got to spend some time with just Jacksen and Jennah. They were big helpers. I was very nervous about making the crust but found an easy "no mistake" crust recipe and it was wonderful. Lita thanks for the pie recipe it was so easy! That was the first time I have ever made anything all the way from picking the fruit to making the crust. It was very rewarding. I will definitely do it again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is Lita? Lita Blevins taught me how to make my first pie crust and I was a lot older than you! I'm proud of you. Jacksen and Jennah look so cute working in the kitchen.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Just read the rest of your blog and saw it was Lita Blevins who gave you the receipe!

Janet

Amy said...

The pie looks pretty too!

Anonymous said...

SURPRISE! SURPISE!

Jessie, I'am looking at the bowl the kid's are using to mix the dough--It looks like my old faithfull Mix-it bowl--I just checked & mine is under the cabinet so you're off the hook!

By the way--I thought you said you used MY pie crust recipe!! (I have so few recipes to share!)

Now you,Jennah & Jacksen can teach me to bake apple pies from scratch!

Mom

Anonymous said...

SUPRISE AGAIN!

Jessie,

Just looked at the picture of Jennah, Jacksen & the"Mix-it" bowl again & remembered, I have a picture just like that one--of you, William & the "Mix-it" bowl. You were making a birthday cake for someone...hey, you should dig it out (since my pictures are at your house) & post it.

Mom