Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Little Pickers


No, I don't mean nose pickers although I am sure they do their fair share of that too. I am refering to apple picking. An older lady from our church invited us out the other day to pick apples at her home. Jennah was so excited because she just learned about that in school. The kids had a great time. Joel was in heaven. His new favorite word is ball there were "green balls" all over the ground he would throw. So now I need a great apple pie recipe. I hear these apples are the best in pies. I think the kids would really think that was neat to help make a pie from the apples they picked.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's my favorite apple pie recipe. 6-8 apples, thinly sliced. Mix with 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, 2 Tbls. flour, 1/2 to 1 tsp. cinnamon, dash ground nutmeg. Scoop into pie crust and dot with 2 Tbls. butter. Place top crust on, cutting slits for steam escape. Seal crusts. Bake at 400 for 50 min. or til done. If you want to make your crust from scratch let me know and I'll send you an easy and great recipe. Good luck.