Friday, October 27, 2006

Change of Plans



We have been planning for the past month for Jacksen to be a Ninja Turtle for Halloween. We bought a turtle shell at a resale shop about a month ago, and have been adding to the costume as we go. Jacksen really enjoy thinking of things that will add to his costume and it really makes him proud of what he has come up with. One year we made a homemade spiderman costume and worked hours perfecting it, only to have Jennah win the costume contest in a cowgirl costume that we already had and she really didn't care about. Jacksen cried and cried. So on the way home from working all day in Bristow yesterday Jacksen told me about 6:00 last night he wanted to be a Ninja instead of a Ninja Turtle, although they may sound quite similar they are very different (his school party is today!). I explained to him we had worked for so long to get the Ninja Turtle costume together I really thought he should wear it. Knowing Jacksen takes such pride in coming up with costumes I thought maybe we should let him do it and so after thinking about it I told him if he could come up with it that he could do it. So here he is as a Ninja. I wish he would have thought of this easy free costume a month ago! Maybe all three of them can be Ninjas!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a great, patient mom! Jacksen looks so cute!

Shelly Collins said...

I agree, you are so patient! I wish you guys lived closer I know I could learn a lot from you. (and Jenny both) I feel so satisfied being a mom and wish I could be home all the time!