Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Family Reunion


We survived Jonathan's annual family reunion. This year it was at Lake Murray. It was a beautiful lake and we went just in time for the all the fall colors. Although it was the perfect time for the foliage, it was not the perfect time to be sleeping in a tent! Not only was it too cold to sleep in a tent but the tent that we borrowed from our sweet friends only had a net-like material on the sides of it. We covered the sides with blankets, but they kept falling off. Yes, we froze! Don't think we will be sleeping in a tent this time of the year again. Holiday Inn for us next year!!
These are all pictures Jacksen and Jennah took this weekend. They thought it was so pretty there. They wanted to take some pictures. (One reason I don't mind having a cheap digital camera.) They took some pretty good pictures.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I loved where we stayed this year. It was the best so far for us, hopefully we will be able to go back. I didn't think the tent was to bad and that is shocking! We had a heater the second night and it made a difference. The boys ended up sleeping on the double blow up mattress and Brian and I were on the floor. I was really "roughing" it;)

jessica said...

You know how I am when it comes to being cold. I hate to be cold and I am always cold. I would rather it be 110 degrees than anything under 70 degrees, no anything under 78!

You were really "roughing it". I must admit I was impressed we all stayed in those conditions, not just one night but two!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all came. Amy and John have found a '99 pop up for $2,000. It even has a pull out on the side. (I don't think Amy enjoyed the tent camping either!)I wish Joe and I hadn't traded our pop up in on the trailer. I think all the kids would have enjoyed using it. (except who would have got it for last weekend) I'm impressed with Jacksen and Jennah's picture taking. They are already doing better than me!

Grandma Janet