Friday, December 14, 2007

Injury


One hour after the power came on we were running around the house celebrating the return of light, heat, and tv. I had Jonathan help me move the two mattresses to our room and Joel's room and was making some progress on getting the house back in order and Jacksen was chasing Joel into our bedroom and Joel jumped onto a pile of pillows at the bottom of my bed and his little head completely missed the pillows and hit the corner of our wood bed frame. He immediately started screaming and blood was pouring everywhere. So I called his dr. of coarse they were closed for the day so I called the insurance to see what they wanted me to do. They told us to take him to the er. The RN on the phone was in California so he had no idea what all was going on here. I informed him that hospitals here were without power and they were telling people to not go unless it was life or death injury. With no help from the insurance I decided to just take him to an urgent care facility where they super glued his head back together. He did amazingly well. Before gluing it the dr opened the wound to see how deep it was and it was a half inch deep. Jonathan and I both about got sick.
He is fine today just has a headache. Jennah is also sick today. She started running a fever about 102 yesterday afternoon and has a bad cough. What a week!

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

sorry we missed you at grandma's monday night. based on the week you've had I'm sure you needed some time "away". glad you survived everything...yikes. see you on christmas eve.
love shelly