Sunday, May 10, 2009

Update

I know it's been too long since my last blog entree so I'm going to update a little. I started a new job last week. I love it so far! I'm a manicurist and pedicurist for The Woodhouse Day Spa in Brookside. I have been thinking about trying the working thing out for a while now. I knew I didn't want to be in retail again after the seasonal work I did at Bath and Body Works at Christmas. On a whim, Friday before last I sent my resume to Woodhouse and Ihloff just to see what would happen and I got calls back from them that same day to set up interviews. I really loved the atmosphere at Woodhouse and it seemed to fit me better than Ihloff so I canceled my second interview with Ihloff and started at Woodhouse last Monday. Having a brother that lives in Honduras and the other one in Florida I figured I needed to do something to help us get to go and visit them both.

The kids have two weeks of school left and are so excited about summer break. We are already starting to fill up our summer calendar with camp, vbs, reunions, camp outs, music camp, and so on. It should be a fun summer break.

Jennah has her school musical tomorrow. I can't wait to see her perform!

Jonathan has MONO! He has been fighting other health issues for the past few months and we thought it was a combination of those things causing his fatigue and weight loss but had tests ran to be sure and it turned out to be mono as well as all his other issues. Poor guy! Anyway we are just glad it wasn't something more serious. We are thanking God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so the job sounds very fun! I am sorry to hear about Jon, hope he gets to feeling better soon. So are the kids in school while you are working? And when did Sean move to Florida?

jessica said...

Aunt Amy is keeping the kiddos for us. It is just a few hours in the afternoons and all day on Tuesdays (if I have appointments) so it isn't too bad.

Sean, Madison, and Fischer were thinking of taking a job in Florida on Easter Sunday and ended up moving that next Friday. They seem to be liking it pretty well! Although, Sean did get stung by a sting ray last weekend!

Julie said...

It was time for an update! You know just because you're working doesn't get you off the hook for blog updates :)!

Shelly Collins said...

I hope Jon continues to feel better. Congrats on the job, sounds like it was meant to be!