Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Simple Things in Life

This week I have realized it is the simple things in life that make me happy. First, a working washing machine makes me happy. Our's has been broken for over a month. We kept thinking we would try to look at it ourselves but just never had the time. Monday we finally had a repair man come and fix it. Total time of repair ten minutes. What was wrong you ask? The drain had a sock stuck in it. I am so happy to have a washing machine again.

Second simple thing: Zithromax. If you have small children you will know that this medicine does the trick when it comes to ear infections (Joel has yet another double-ear infection). Only one teaspoon the first day and one half a teaspoon for days two through five, unlike other medicines that have to be given two or three times a day for ten days, and then at the end of the ten days the kid still has an infection. For some reason the Dr. always tries the Zithromax after about a month and a half of other medicines. This time the Dr. prescribed it first! Love this stuff!

Third: The change of seasons, although not exactly simple makes me happy. It is so exciting to be able to tell my kids that when they wake up in the morning there may be snow. Not to mention the coziness of sitting in front of the fireplace and watching a movie.

Sometimes this time of year I get all wrapped up in who is getting what and how are we going to pay for that, but for this week anyway I am happy with the simple things.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

A MONTH without a washer?! I am surprised we haven't heard of this before. As soon as mine breaks I begin to freak out.

Enjoy your simple things, they make everything else so small in this world. I love when my reality is quiet for just a moment!

Unknown said...

Jessica, you are wise beyond your years. It took me much longer to appreciate the simple things in life. Reading your blog is one of the simple things I enjoy.