Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Our Anniversary

I can't believe we have been married now for eight years and together for ten and a half years. I would say we have accomplished much in the past eight years. We have grown in every sense of the word. We have grown up, grown spiritually, grown closer, and grown in numbers. God has blessed us and taught us more than we ever expected.

In these eight years Jonathan has changed professions several times, from banking to an airplane buffer, to a full time student, to a youth minister, and now to a commercial loan officer (hopefully this one will stick for a while). Wow, all in eight years you say? Not only this but he has finished his bachelors degree and his masters degree. He is quite an ambitious man!

Along with all these professional changes came many moves. We have moved eight times and now hopefully number nine this spring or summer. We are wanting to move closer to Jonathan's work which is an hour commute one way right now. We are thinking the less driving he has to do will be better on his back.

Last, but most important our three little ones we've had in the past eight years. What beautiful, sweet, funny kids we have. Jacksen who turned seven yesterday is such a sweet spirit. He always tries his hardest to make us happy, always plays by the rules, and has a deep side. Jennah. What can I say about Jennah? She came out screaming and hasn't stopped yet. She is definitely going to be a strong woman. She loves to sing and is always ready to put on a show. Number three little Joel, I finally have a child that looks like me (or my family at least). He is his mommy's baby.

So as anyone can see we have completely grown in the past eight years. I am so glad we met so long ago at Rock Creek Church Camp and I pray we have many years together. We are so blessed.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I enjoyed spending so much time together over the holiday break! You are a great sister and you both set such a great model of a faithful marriage. That is alot of job/moving changes and additions to your family in eight years! You guys make me tired;)

Love ya!!!!

Anonymous said...

Eight years! You must have been ten when you got married. Most ladies age with marriage and child rearing. You still look 18. What's you secret.

Crystal

Anonymous said...

You made me cry. (guess I'm emotional from Christmas and the holidays)I am so glad Jonathan found you. You are such a perfect wife for him and a wonderful mother. I am proud to have you as a daughter-in law!

Janet