Monday, July 28, 2008

Busy Weekend


We started off the weekend by having Blake and Shelly and their kids and Amy and Benjamin over for dinner Friday night. We cooked kabobs and it turned out to be a little stressful trying to get everything finished at the same time. Next time we have you all over we will do something easier (sorry). Then Saturday morning Jennah and I went to see Shelby's ballet performance. Jennah loved it and as soon as we left she wanted to know when she could take ballet. After that we went with Jonathan to work for a little while. Then Jennah had to be at the church building to get ready for her musical. I was really nervous for her but I don't think she was at all. She forgot to stand up which threw her off a little in the beginning of the song but quickly caught up and did a wonderful job. Especially this being her first solo and not knowing about it until Wednesday! Sorry for the shaking camera I was crying and laughing at the same time. I'm sure everyone there thought I was crazy. I cried through the entire program. After it was over Jennah got to go around and give people her autograph. She loved that! To top the day off we ate at Ted's with my family and then all five of us watched Hannah Montana 3-D! Sunday, Quentin and a friend came to church with us. The kids love uncle Quentin. Then a good Sunday afternoon nap and off to church again. After services we had a children's ministry meeting to inform all the parents about how the new format will be when we go to three services. Everyone had so many questions and concerns. It is amazing how terrified people are of change, but that's a story for another time.

Also, thank you to everyone that came to see Jennah perform. I know it meant so much to her to have so many family members there to support her. It meant a lot to Jonathan and me too.

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Great Job Jennah!

Jeny said...

I teared up too, knowing that the shaking was from your crying!

Jenny said...

What a pretty voice she has! Even though we could not be there I am grateful for blogging so it feels like I was. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting it on the blog. It was hard to see it when I was there and I really got to enjoy it (several times) since you have it on the blog.

Janet

Unknown said...

She's a natural. So when does she start ballet?

Anonymous said...

It was fun to see & hear Jennah's solo again. She has such a sweet little voice. I am amazed that a little 6 year old can belt-out a song in front of an audiance of that size!

Well, we're almost to Des Moines, IA. I was just catching-up on your blogsite!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, she did an amazing job!! I found your blog through Annie's :)
Kristen