Saturday, July 05, 2008

Vacation!



We're here finally! It seems like the longest trip we have ever made. I know it isn't because the trip to CO last spring break took about sixteen hours but this seemed longer. The kids were great. It is actually my fault the trip seemed so long. When I called to make our reservations for the condo they informed me I could save $200 if I waited until the day after the 4th of July. Of course I wanted to save the money! Then after proudly telling Jonathan of the great deal I had made I found out there would be fireworks on the beach. On the beach, we can't miss that! So being the cheap girl I am instead of calling and just reserving the room for an additional night the 4th I call every other place in Gulf Shores to find a room. The cheapest place I could find was $240 for one night! So after searching and searching I finally decided to call the original place we are staying all week to decline the $200 off and stay the extra day on the 4th. By the time I call back someone else had reserved the condo for the week before us and the last night being the 4th! So we stayed in Mobile, AL last night and drove down to the beach for the fireworks. After making a 12 hour drive, we took a quick swim and had dinner, then loaded back up in the car to drive down to the beach. It was neat but the traffic was really bad and we didn't get to the beach until the fireworks were over. We left Mobile 8:00 pm for the fireworks and didn't get back to the hotel until 12:00 am! This was after spending 12 hours in the car for the trip down here. Finally we arrived around 4:00 this afternoon. The condo is great! The first picture is off the living room balcony of the ocean. The second is from our bedroom of the bay.

No comments: