Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kids of Mogote
















This is the day Will and Jon built a bench for the church building they had an audience all day. This little church is overflowing with people, a great problem to have! They packed about 150 people in the tiny building on Sunday. Amber teaches the kids class about ages one and a half to twelve years in a room about 20x12 this Sunday she had 69 kids in that small class room and until four weeks ago it was just her in there. Now she has Rachel to help. She is quite a woman! These kids just melted my heart. While Will and Jon built the bench Rachel and I walked around and handed out goodies to the kids and played with them. As we walked Rachel told me some of their home life stories that made me break down and cry, but they are so strong. I wish I could bring them all home with me! This little girl with Rachel is Marla she is the youngest of twelve. She loves to be held and just craves affection. After playing with the kids for several hours I did some manicures on some women.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful country. What an experience you've had! Cute kids, too, and so interested in your work. So glad you are safely back.
Love you, Papa and Grandma

Shelly Collins said...

Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed all the pics. Sometimes I forget that I ever went to Honduras...thanks for the refresher!

Jeny said...

I have loved seeing all the pictures of your trip. It looks like you did great work for the people there! I am glad you are back safely with no stomach bugs!! I like the yogurt idea!

I sent you an e-mail about the tutu, I hope you got it!

Antrikins said...

Jess, Thanks for the video of Pescador. He is a monster. We miss you guys here. Also speaking of the kids of Mogote, I'm pretty sure they are going to be in a Christmas pagent.