Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where to Start

We are having a great time visiting. I have tried to post pictures now three seperate times with no success so that will have to wait until we return. Thursday started out with a scary back of the truck ride to Mogote. We then hiked up the mountain to the church where Jon and Will made a bench while babysitting about ten kids and Rachel and I played with kids and handed out all the goodies our great church group sent with us and then I was able to do some manicures for some of the ladies in town. The best was a 89 year old lady who had never had polish on her nails. We told her she didn´t have to have one if she didn´t want to but she said she would so she would have a memory of me. So sweet.

Yesterday we visited the Jesus statue and almost got struck by lightning! Jesus protected us both figuratively and literally. It was up on the top of a mountain and we could see for ever. It was pouring down rain the entire time including the 40 minute ride to and from in the back of a truck.

Today we went to the a river. I mentioned before it was raining all day yesterday and the river was very high and rapid. It was a little scary at first but I wanted to experience as much as possible so I jumped off a huge cliff GO ME! It was pretty fun. Jon didn´t join me in this experience. I can´t wait to share the pictures.

We haven´t gotten sick on the food yet at all. The no flush thing isn´t as bad as I expected it to be. My biggest fear here now is the dreaded truck rides. Friday night I cried three different times out of fear on the trip up to Mogote for church. The people here drive crazy. They drive on the wrong sides of the road on one way streets including the car we were in! I won´t miss the driving here at all.

Jacksen, Jennah, and Joel we love you and miss you guys! See you Monday night.

4 comments:

Antrikins said...

I also cried too during the same truck ride from laughing... love you guys!

Jennifer said...

Those truck rides would be a nightmare for the control freak in me! Your kids are amazing and we had the best time with them. They have such great manners and are so sweet. You all have to go with us to Great Wolf sometime!

Anonymous said...

It was scary enough in Mexico riding IN the van. I can't imagine the back of a truck!

Can't wait to see the pictures when you all get back.

Janet

n.lo@cox.net said...

I am glad you are having a good time. You are braver than me to not freak out during those rides in the truck! We miss you'all and can't wait to hear about everything.!!
Niki