Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Holiday Stresses

I promised myself this holiday season I was going to enjoy every minute and not stress about the small things. For the most part I thought I was doing well with the holiday stresses until Lita decided to share a story on her blog about how stressed she is during this season. I wanted to make her feel better so I commented to let her know she wasn't alone. In the process of writing I found myself sharing two stories on her blog and thinking to myself another one I could share. That's when I realized I'm not doing such a great job at not getting stressed out.

Let me share all three dingy things I did in a span of 24 hours. Sunday evening I had to work and Jonathan was taking the kids to church; we said our goodbyes and got in separate cars and left, but instead of going to work I followed Jonathan and the kids all the way to the church. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I wasn't. I was just driving. Then yesterday morning I thought I had volunteered to stay with Jack's class while his teacher had a meeting, I do this about twice a month and Grandma Janet keeps Joel for me. I called and left her a message to remind her of our plans for the afternoon only to check my calendar a minute later and find the date I am helping is next Monday. So I quickly called and left another message telling her I am crazy and I would see her next Monday. This last one is the scary one, yesterday evening Jennah had a birthday party to go to and Jonathan had plans to visit his Grandpa in the hospital. He was planning on taking Jack and Joel with him and I would take Jennah. Joel cried to go to the birthday party so I let him go with me. On the way we had some music on and I remembered I had left my flat iron on in the bathroom. I called Jonathan quickly to ask him to unplug it so Joel wouldn't get burned. He quickly said, "okay but do I have Joel?" It wasn't until he said that that I remembered he was in the back seat with me! I can't believe I did this! It is worrying me.

I know we have been extra busy lately (double booked four out of five evenings this week with things to do) and I'm sure that is why I'm doing these crazy things. I just thought it was funny that I was trying to make Lita feel better and am now worried about myself. So today I'm going to take it easy and try to regain my sanity. Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew!!! I feel so much better!!!

Tamara said...

And I thought I was just getting old! Now I know, it was just Christmas stress & Thanksgiving stress & Labor Day stress & ....

Shelly Collins said...

I think you're OK Jessica, I'm not worried about you :)