Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years Eve Fancy Dinner



Sometimes in the Hendricks' family we like to add a little excitement to meal time. A few times a year sometimes on special occasions (Valentines, New Years, Birthdays) and sometimes just for fun we have what we call a fancy dinner. I will fix something new or a traditional family favorite and we get all dressed up for a candle lit meal. We started doing this when we lived in Ft. Gibson and have continued the tradition here. Of course, Jennah lives for this kind of stuff and surprisingly Jack seems to enjoy it as well. The picture in the header is all us getting ready to enjoy the cornish game hens I prepared for us. It turned out great and seems to be a wonderful family tradition. As we were finishing up I told Jonathan I didn't know how many more years we had with the kids being so excited about our fancy dinners but I'm going to cherish every time we do until then. Then the kids made confetti and played until we all counted down to the new year. It was a great night!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Even fancy butter dish and salt & pepper shakers!

Shelly Collins said...

Well isn't that a cool idea! I love it.

Julie said...

That header photo is a great one...very cute.

jessica said...

It's not about perfection it's about fun. I don't think the kids will remember the butter dish and salt and pepper shakers as much as the fun we had together that night.

sheridan said...

When I saw the family photo I smiled so big! I love it and what a great tradition and fun family dinner! Miss seeing you. Clint and I have the newborn 1 class. It's going good but I'm looking forward to us all being back in class together.