Wednesday, July 08, 2009

All Things Football


Jack has an overnight obsession with football. He has been talking about playing football for the past year. I thought it would just fade away and he wouldn't really want to do it, but I don't know why I would think this from the child who doesn't forget ANYTHING. So the time finally comes around for sign ups and he is still pumped about playing. It's tackle football and they are pretty serious about it here in Jenks. They even have a draft for teams. Adding to his already obsessive behavior he got to go to Adrian Peterson's Football Camp (thanks to Uncle Brian, Aunt Jenny, and the Army) He came back from camp with an even greater love for the game. We will see if it lasts. I have a feeling the first time he gets hit in a game he might change his mind. I am happy for him though. I think it's every little boys dream at some point to play football. He starts practice in mid August so we will see how it goes. If nothing else he is making memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments: