Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jennah's Musical and Football Update


Last week Jennah had Music Camp at church. She had already auditioned for a solo several weeks before so she knew she had one but didn't find out until Wednesday which one she had. She was also a ribbon dancer. I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch her sing without crying. She just has the sweetest little voice. Her little friend Zoe came with us. She is one of our neighbors that comes down to play with Jennah. Her family had asked a week or so ago about our church and said they would like to visit with us sometime. We invited Zoe to come with us to see the musical and she got to meet our children's minister and told him she wanted to come next year with Jennah. You never know what an influence you have on people. We have never talked to them about church, but they knew we went because they see us leaving for church all the time. This last picture is Jennah signing autographs after the performance. On the back of the programs they have a page for all the kids to sign autographs for everyone. The kids love this and I think it is a really fun idea. Also, thanks to everyone that came to see Jennah. I know she loved having you all there.


Football update: Jack is no longer playing tackle football. We were able to find a used helmet and shoulder pads on craigslist (thanks for the suggestion Annie). So we ended up paying about $100 instead of $225 on equipment. That is on top of the other $350 we've already paid (that we thought included everything) silly us! We thought we were well on our way until the coach called at 10:00 Sunday night and informed us this was NOT a recreational league it was a competitive league. This team had been together for the past five years and Jack was already an outsider. They had practices four days a week and Jack would be missing the first four because of our vacation, and we would miss the parents meeting. The coach was not happy about this and let me know that by reinforcing that this was a competitive league. This has been the biggest nightmare! Jack wants to play so bad, but we were really afraid all it would do is discourage him and be a huge let down. After several hours of panic and stress over what would be the best thing for Jack, I decided at 12:30 a.m. to see if there were any flag football leagues in Tulsa. I came across Upward. It is a faith based league I had heard about their basketball league before, but I didn't know they had football! I think this is the answer we've been looking for. So we went yesterday and signed him up!


Also, my baby Joel will start Park Plaza Pre-K in September. It makes my heart hurt to think about! I'll post on that later.



3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad you recorded Jennah singing. I was there, but it was hard to see her. She does have a beautiful voice!

Upward Football? What an answered prayer!!! I think it is crazy for 4th graders to play tackle anyway. It seems that the perfect fit came at just the right time. What an arrogant coach!!

Thanks for an update!

I'm still waiting on that salmon recipe ;)

Anonymous said...

We were hoping you recorded Jennah singing. She has a beautiful voice!
Wish we had been there.
Papa and Grandma

Julie said...

Uh! Those dumb coaches! That hacks me off. Isn't there someone you can complain to? For goodness sakes they're just babies!