Wednesday, July 08, 2009

First Year of Camp!








My goodness I can't believe two of the three of my children are old enough for church camp. Some of my favorite memories growing up is all the time I spent at camp. Not to mention that's where Jonathan and I met. Being the over protective mother I am, I decided they needed me to go with them to camp. I know Jack could have managed by himself, but Jennah I think would have come home with just the clothes on her back. She may like to clean and look just like her Grandma Janet but she has some me in her too.


Jack seemed to have a great time with all his old friends from Ft. Gibson. It made us really miss our church family there. He didn't hang around me at all and really took to the independence. One thing I found funny and reminded me of Jonathan is every day at every meal Jack would sit in the same spot. I guess he likes routine like his dad. Jack had just returned from football camp the day before we left for camp so he was still a little tired from that, but was so proud of the dog tag Uncle Brian had made for him. Apparently he told everyone at camp he was going to be in the army because the award he got at the end of camp was the "Rambo Award".




I was in the cabin with Jennah and we had some good bonding time together. I hope someday when she's a teen she will still want me around to share in these fun camp times with her. I know that's probably not going to happen but I can dream can't I. I love to watch her socialize. She is friends with everyone. Her camp award was "Best All Around Camper" One thing I thought reaffirmed me going with Jennah to camp was when we were eating lunch she got a brownie for dessert and asked me if she could eat it before her hamburger. I asked her if I hadn't come with her to camp what would she do. She got a big grin on her face and said I would eat the brownie first. So funny and just like Jennah!




I was so proud of both Jack and Jennah. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about how much camp can influence their Christian walk, if they let it. For now it's just lots of fun and making new friends!












These two girls are from Ft. Gibson and are Jack's age. Can you believe that? They look so much older than him. I secretly hope Jack marries one of them some day. Is that bad?



3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hannah and Sarah are both good picks! Glad you guys had fun at camp. We miss you too!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got to go to camp with them. If I had it to do all over, I would go to camp at least in the younger years.

Grandma Janet

Julie said...

Um, Jessica, you CANNOT go to the same camp as Jennah when she is a teenager. Enjoy it while you can. And tell me you let the poor girl eat the brownie before the burger? When your kiddos are teenagers at camp mine will just start attending so then you can accompany them, okay? Ha ha.