Thursday, August 10, 2006

First Day of School


Today two of my three babies went to school. Jacksen is in first grade now and Jennah started Pre-K. Jacksen was such a big boy and wanted just Dad to take him in. I hadn't met his teacher so I told him we would all walk him in. Jennah is in the afternoon Pre-K so she goes at 1:00 and is finished at 3:25. I was expecting a fight from Jennah because after we dropped Jacksen off she didn't want to do anything to get ready for school. She fought to take a bath and to eat lunch, but she just walked right in and didn't look back. I think this schedule will work well. I was able to keep Joel up all morning and on the way back from taking Jennah to school he fell asleep and slept the entire time they were gone.

Jennah got her first hair cut yesterday. She has had a few trims but just from me. I was wanting it cut before school started so instead of taking her to someone I knew was good I just took her to Wal-Mart. I had the girl layer it because I thought it would look pretty with her curls. When the lady got finished with her she had a mullet and much of the blonde was cut off. So when we got home I had to cut off about 3 inches. I was so upset I just cried. (If you know me very well you know I cry about every time I get my own hair cut) I guess now it will be every time Jennah gets her hair cut too. It looks good now and she is happy with it so everything is okay.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Jessica! You must speak to Amy or myself before cutting curly hair. Did you never hear the story of my sixth grade year and the lady cutting my hair in layers? Horrific I tell you. I looked like a poodle. So exciting to have two in school! This is my favorite time of the year! Cooper will start a Pre K program this year too. Only 3 days a week, but he is pumped.

I was hoping to hear the story about your head injury;)

See ya'll in two weeks.

jessica said...

My head injury story is not near as funny as your black eye injury!

I know, I know, I should have asked you all about it first. You will have to tell me of the sixth grade cut sometime I have not heard it.