Friday, August 11, 2006

Vacation Injury

I wasn't going to blog about this but I had a request to do so, and so here it is. In our vacation pictures you may have noticed the cute little boogie board. This was Jacksen's souvenir. Looks like fun right? Wrong! Boogie Boards are very dangerous, well for me they are. This little boogie board caused a concussion, pulled muscles, and the return of TMJ.

Here's the story. Jonathan, the kids, and I were playing around in the pool at the hotel and Jonathan was on the board and we were trying to get him off. I had Joel on my hip (he has become a permanent accessory for me lately) I was pushing Jonathan off and the board came flying out of the water and hit me right in the chin (because Joel was on my hip I couldn't keep it from hitting me). You would be surprised at the force that fun little board had. Jonathan immediately knew I was hurt so he took Joel and helped me out of the pool. I knew it hurt my jaw because I have had TMJ in the past so I just assumed that was it. I went to the Dr. when we got back because I have been having really bad headaches and feeling really dizzy and light headed. He said I had all the stuff I mentioned earlier. He told me I would continue to be dizzy and even have memory loss for the next three weeks or so, and to wear a helmet if I needed to in order to keep from hitting my head again. I'm just glad it didn't hit Joel. That could have really hurt him.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ah, and so we see the sacrificies of motherhood. Way to take one for the team;)

Jeny said...

I want to know where your helmet is! Jeny