Friday, August 04, 2006

Vacation Fun






Some of the digital camera pictures were okay. I took my old fashioned film camera that always takes great pictures and I can't wait to get them developed.

We all had a blast! Jennah was "saved" from drowning twice in the hotel pool. She wasn't really drowning, but she really looks like she is when she is swimming. She is also a huge Dora the Explorer fan and she thinks she can speak Spanish. Every Spanish person she came across she spoke her "Spanish gibberish". It was so funny! They would just look at her and smile. Jennah is such a confident person that I think they thought she was speaking some foreign language.

Jacksen was such a big boy. He is getting so old. He got a boogie board and had a great time riding the waves. Jonathan is really starting to have a great time with Jacksen. They are enjoying sports together and have a great relationship. We almost had a semi-birds and the bees talk with him though. We were in a souvenir shop and the kids saw a pirate towel, and so they ran over to look at it. We watched them and realized the towel next to the pirate towel had a ladies naked bottom on it. We tried to attract them to a different area of the store but it was too late. Jacksen got so embarrassed! He just ran over to us and hid his face. Jennah on the other hand just started cracking up laughing. He never mentioned it again. Close one! I know though the curiosity will start in a few years. (Not looking forward to it) But I guess they will have to grow up some time.

Joel has tried all week to walk. One day on the beach he took ten steps all together. He was wanting to get some birds that were walking on the beach. I can't believe he will be a year old in two weeks!



We all enjoyed looking for shells in the water. We found some really pretty and big shells. I was shell hunting with Jacksen and what I thought was a big shell caught my eye; I told Jacksen to help me get it. I saw it again and grabbed it. It wasn't a shell! It was this crab!! I screamed and threw it down. After releasing it I was trying to show Jonathan and we realizeed it was not swimming so we grabbed it for a picture. It was so pretty.

1 comment:

Chrissey said...

Great pictures! You guys are brave going on vacation w/3 young kids! And you drove!! :) We have yet to take a fun family vacation like that...it'll probably be when we have 3 kids too! :)